Okay, okay – the picture isn’t actually of the dish in question. We haven’t made it in ages and so I don’t have a photo to hand, but it’s a lot saucier and finger-lickin’ than this photo. Still, it’s as close as I could find, and I wanted it to look all appetising.
Finding a picture of an empty plate would do just as well because believe me it won’t hang around for long once you’ve made it: it’s probably the only food I’ve seen that makes all my male relatives react like Scooby Doo when he sees a really big sandwich.
This is one of Mama’s creations, and is especially good for Friday night munching: a beautifully wholesome meal of chicken thighs in a gorrrrrgeous, flavoursome sauce. Best with rice and veg, so you feel at least a bit healthy.
2 tbsp oil
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tsp chilli powder
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp wine/Balsamic vinegar
1 large sliced onion
1 tbsp clear honey
8 chicken thighs, boned (yes, feel free to giggle)
Serve with rice, with peppers, onion and any other mixed vegetables you fancy thrown in.
We also add a packet of Dolmio Sundried tomato stir-in sauce. MMMMMM.
1. Marinade the chicken for at least an hour (a perfect opportunity to wander off and watch a few episodes of Snog, Marry, Avoid, or similar.)
2. Line a tin with foil and empty the marinade and chicken into it.Cook in the oven on 190 degrees for about thirty minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
3. Cook rice. You know… the usual way.
4. Fry the onion until soft and golden, and all stinky in the good way.
5. Add the pepper and vegetables, and cook until soft and sizzly.
8. Stir in the rice, and heat through.
9. Shovel it down your gob while emitting lots of encouraging noises.
Picture nicked from jayneandd‘s photostream. Recipe copyright Mama Vickers, innit.