Firstly, let me qualify that I have achieved a lot this year. Just a few of those things are:
- Met some truly special people
- Become a paid writer
- Worked with one of the best blogs out there, writing about what I love
- Had some adventures, including absinthe being administered out of a drip, a night on a bench in London, a lock-in, getting mistaken for Lady Gaga, exploding my kitchen, killing an awful lot of ants, and singing songs about knees.
- Visited Bordeaux and deepened my love of wine
- Moved house
- Started a new novel
- Entered short story competitions
- Proved I can actually cook
I like rabbits, but I feel like towards the end this year I’ve sort of turned into one. A creature of habit, unadventurous, hopelessly timid and a bit foolish. Fortunately, all those metaphorical carrots have helped me see a bit better in the dark, and I feel like now more than ever I know what I want and where I’m going.
And guess what? 2012 is the year of the Dragon.